Friday, March 30, 2012

second day.   Housing. I  Look at these six subjects as nearly as possible to my owm reality which is probably different than yours.  I'm about to leave one place where me and my wife lived for twenty three years and raised five kids.  It,s four bedrooms 3 bathrooms and covers 2,300 feet.  All the kids are gone more or less, and all of them have been through college and pretty much made the decision about what they what they are going to do.  In short, I feel the useful part of my life is over from the point of raising kids and from the standpoint of not having a lot of exercise because I had stroke about 15 fucking months ago.  Healing for that comes slowly yet surely and even though I can only type with one hand each day it gets better.   None the less, we are moving by no choice of our own.   We have to move because  of the things that have happened.  You probably saw the article in the PD in Feb or so..

So, what does this have to with how I feel about housing?  Nothing.  Except it helps me understand how spoiled I have been over the past 65 years of living and how the future of my life could be a more constructive toward all of humanity if I took a more honest look at how people live, and tried to save a lot of grief on their part by trying to live more like they live.  Better wait a few more days though before I adventure forward.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think humanity, at its core and through no fault other than biology, is selfish and greedy. It is only the very, very few and rare who are able to show a better way, the power of sharing and extended caring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think living honestly is one of the most difficult, heart-expanding, humbling, courageous, and sometimes painful things one can do in a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete